Thursday, November 22, 2007

What I like about Tucson...



Going to the Tucson Sidewinders games. They are a farm team for the Arizona Diamondbacks.

I love minor league ball. It's baseball the way baseball should be. There are no giant egos on that field, just guys who love playing the game. (I am sure there are in fact extra large egos, but just let me have my illusions. I have so few these days...). You get to watch crazy races between innings. A beer and a hot dog still runs you close to ten bucks, but you can go on dollar dog nights, and then it's only five bucks.

It's up close and personal. The mascot sucks, but even that can be entertaining...one night we watched him flirt endlessly with a drunk college girl in the front row.

And sometimes, you get to watch the ball game under a pretty good sunset, while drinking a cold beer and yelling at the ump.

What more can you ask for on a hot summer night?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You like me! You really really like me!

Or maybe you just find me horribly annoying and are about to let me know. Go ahead, I can deal.

So, whatever, you know, leave a message. Thanks!!!