Sunday, November 11, 2007

Things I never ever knew...

The Bemidji State fight song, for example...

Go Bemidji Beavers
Go Bemidji Beavers,
Go you Green and White.
Go Bemidji Beavers,
Fight with all your might.

We are here to cheer you.
We are out to bring you fame.
So go Bemidji Beavers,
Fight and win this game.

B-E-M-I-D-J-I Bemidji, Bemidji, Go BEAVERS!!


Also, green and white? Yes, in Bemidji in the winter, the only colors you see outside are green -- pine trees, and white -- snow. So let's make the school colors green and white. White isn't a color. It's a blank page. A glass of milk. A blob of Mod Podge (Mod Podge. I always thought it was Modge Podge. Another childhood illusion shattered.)

Beavers aren't exactly fighting dynamos, either. Although I must say, at least they have those big flat tails to whack opponents with. What's a Golden Gopher going to do, gnaw through your shoelace so you fall on your face?

2 comments:

  1. There is a high school in Rapid City, South Dakota with the team name of "Cobblers"....really....the Central Cobblers. I don't know if they win much or if they just make fantastic shoes for all their opponents.

    Cheers from a NaBloPoMo-er!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. South Dakota...epicenter of weird? Perhaps.

    ReplyDelete

You like me! You really really like me!

Or maybe you just find me horribly annoying and are about to let me know. Go ahead, I can deal.

So, whatever, you know, leave a message. Thanks!!!