Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Sigh.

You should think about reading the rest of this guy's comment.

As for me, I am very tired of the military being endlessly debated and argued and used as a political bludgeon by people of every political stripe.
clipped from mitchlewis.net
Is America at War?
Graffiti from Marine Civil Affairs office in Ramadi: America is not at war. The Marines Corps is at war; America is at the mall.

This picture from today’s Kansas City Star echoes – in Marine fashion – a sentiment that I often hear from Soldiers: America isn’t at war; the Army is.

Politicians and pundits don’t always understand what Soldiers mean by that. It isn’t about a draft or who is serving in uniform or taxes or material sacrifices at home. It isn’t even about differing opinions about the way ahead. What most Soldiers mean is that the people seem to have lost heart.

Soldiers live by the warrior ethos:


  • I will always place the mission first.

  • I will never accept defeat.

  • I will never quit.

  • I will never leave a fallen comrade behind.


These are the values they live by. Time and time again, they throw themselves into the breach to accomplish what needs to be done. Soldiers, Marines, airmen and sailors are enduring extreme hardship and danger to accomplish the mission they’ve been given in Iraq and Afghanistan.

 blog it

2 comments:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree.... Thank God for the Soldiers, Airmen, Marines, and Sailors who are willing to fight. Boo-hiss to the politicians who use them as pawns. (If you want my whole opinion on it, see my Nov 12 post!)

    ReplyDelete

You like me! You really really like me!

Or maybe you just find me horribly annoying and are about to let me know. Go ahead, I can deal.

So, whatever, you know, leave a message. Thanks!!!