Saturday, November 10, 2007

I have a new favorite website...

Due to Dooce, a very humorous blog Marilyn told me about. I was kicking back, watching Coupling on DVD and reading some funny blogs, chilling before I go to bed...I wonder what I will dream about this time, since last time I spent a lot of time on the internet reading blogs and writing emails I then dreamed about knights reading me emails...

It's the BYU NewsNet site...


I found gems like this -- and perhaps I should mention this involves making fun of other people's opinions. People who choose to go to an LDS university...

The opinion pages, in fact, where you can read gems like a certain Mr. Christopher Lee's explanation of how he feels about Dumbledore being gay...
Let me explain exactly how I feel about this. I don’t hate homosexuals. I don’t hate people for how they choose to live their lives. However, I can and do view certain choices as immoral. That does not make me or anyone else who feels the same way a bigot. Though nowadays, we not only have to accept people’s choice to be gay, we have to celebrate and encourage them. Before we know it, it will be pedophiles and heroin addicts as the lovable heroes of sitcoms. The media will whine about their rights, and any attempt to condemn such behavior will be decried as bigotry.
Pedophiles and heroin addicts as lovable heroes of sitcoms...Okay, the heroin addict is slightly plausible, although I don't think there is a gold mine of heroin humor mainstream America is desperate for...And did I miss National Celebrate and Encourage Gay Love day? I hate it when I miss these holidays.

And Halloween was a hot topic... there was this reminder of Satan lurking behind every mini Snickers...

Halloween time can be fun, no doubt (costume parties, candy, friends, etc.), but what’s up with BYU’s dark Halloween paraphernalia? I wonder if God's got the Celestial Kingdom decked out with scenes of dead decaying humans, witches, witch havens, magic potions, sorcery, skulls, brews and haunted skeletons? But BYU seems pretty at home with it this year.

Maybe God will even include Satan in masterminding Heaven’s scariest haunted house – full of vile, sick and unimaginable horrors like “The Haunted Forest” promoted on the front-page of BYU’s newspaper last week.

Although I have to say, I sorta agree with this next writer, I too have an i in my name (actually I have three i's in my full name...I am so 21st century...). I mean, the whole i thing is getting outta hand...But I really don't think the letter "i" needs a break.

What's with the "iHonor" signs around campus? It's just weird. Why does the "i" get to be so popular these days? Why not another letter, like "t" or "m" or if it must be a vowel, how about "o" It doesn't make sense. I mean if I put up signs with a "c" instead, people would think that someone had lost their marbles. As you can see I even use an "i" in my name, but I still feel that the letter "i" is a little overused. Lets give it a little break maybe?
I know, making fun of other people doesn't bring us closer to the day when those who are offended by short skirts can peacefully co-exist with us bleeding heart liberals and leftie types, but hey, they probably think I am at best going to the heaven with the jail cells and sad people...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You like me! You really really like me!

Or maybe you just find me horribly annoying and are about to let me know. Go ahead, I can deal.

So, whatever, you know, leave a message. Thanks!!!