Monday, January 21, 2008

My Sunflower Moment for Today


I am a
Sunflower


What Flower
Are You?


There is not a day that goes by that you can't find something good about the world and your fellow human.

A while ago I took one of those on-line quizzes. Turns out I am a Pollyanna Sunflower...I just bubble over with good somethings about the world and my fellow human.

So. My sunflower moment for today. Something good about the world and my fellow human. Does that mean all humans, or can I just find something good about a subset of humanity. like there do not seem to be any serial killers living in my neighborhood?

okay. Probably not the best example. Mom bloggers are fun, and remind me how glad I am to have moved on to the teenage phase of parenting. My kids, for proving that teenagers are terrific and fascinating creatures.

Politicians, for proving that optimism and fellowship and statesmanship are alive and well in the United States...whoops. Not the politicians. Okay, the televangelists...no. Pro athletes. Sure, except for steroid use, killing dogs for sport, blood doping, losing medals, betting on games...

Maybe I am the cranky sunflower...

I just took the quiz again..now (drumroll please!)


I am a
Daffodil


What Flower
Are You?



You have a sunny disposition and are normally one of the first to show up for the party. You don't need too much attention from the host once you get there as you are more than capable of making yourself seen and heard.

Well, this sounds more like me...



7 comments:

  1. Ooooh!!! Your page is all shiny and new looking...I like it.. I miss your dog though..

    Right.. I am off to do the quiz now.. cya ...cheers Kim.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh I am a snapdragon.. My middle name is mischief, my first name is friend..apparently I am quite the prankster..

    cheers kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a daffodil too. We're the daffies. I'm cool with that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss the photo of Abe too, but it didn't work with this template...I am sure I will be switching templates again in a month or so, so Abe may reappear then.

    I somehow once got a Canada Thistle. Not very sunny and shiny...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehehehe The madness is contagious!!!

    I have done a Monday Meme on Tuesday.. I linked to you twice hehehehehe

    cheers kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was a sunflower months ago when I first found this quiz, but took it again yesterday and found I'm a snapdragon. Guess mood swings and/or seasons change my disposition? I think I'd like to be a daffo-down dilly one day ...
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a blast. I did it and laughed all the way thru. Turns out, I'm a snapdragon, albeit some of the answers weren't listed...typical of my test-taking abilities. Why I use to get a lot of Bs in school: but sir, letter E wasn't there, so I left it blank!

    p.s. come by and pick up some bling -- if ya want it. let me know :)

    ReplyDelete

You like me! You really really like me!

Or maybe you just find me horribly annoying and are about to let me know. Go ahead, I can deal.

So, whatever, you know, leave a message. Thanks!!!