Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My children always say I am mean...

That when they were worried about their little dragons rather than me when I fell in front of a large group of Europeans, it was no more than I deserved. That when Zeke asked me if I was going to remember it every time I said ouch after my concussion (I fell skating, hit my head, and have a gap of several hours in my memory.), it was my own fault that my children are sarcastic little rats. That the smart aleck answers should be no surprise.

So it should be no surprise to anyone that I would choose this (insert downward pointing arrow here) as my Daily Alaska:

the seedy underbelly of our winter wonderland_3535_edited-1

This is the first in my new series...The Seedy Underbelly of Our Winter Wonderland.

This morning there was a weird whumping sound going on. Actually it's been going on all day. Just "whump. whump. whump." don't know what it is, but it bugs the dogs. They keep barking at it. Weird damn dogs. I opened the curtains to see if I could see anything going on, the source of the whump, and instead I saw this...

I don't know why they were gathering in the parking lot.  And it's 9 am, not early morning or late evening, and yet it's still not light out

A bunch of guys milling around in the parking lot down the street from us. At about 9 am (and could I just point out that it's 9 am in that photo, and yet looks like early morning or late evening. I am so done with these late sunrises...and yes, I will be cranky about the sun being out all night. It's not natural.) they lined up, yelled "hooah" or something, and then scattered:

ten minutes to gather, yell one "hooah" and .... scatter

I didn't realize we lived that close to some unit.

Also, I find it really annoying that I managed to make those two photos such different colors. They were taken just a few minutes apart, and yet, I didn't do exactly the same thing with Photoshop, so they look different. Ugh.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:35 PM

    Because I know exactly what kind of a mean mother you are, I have to ask - Is my darling sweetie of a nephew OK?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thor is fine. He informed me tonight that he just slipped. He didn't actually fall down.

    There is no independent verification of his version of the story, however.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the only thing damaged was Thor's pride.
    Did you ever figure out what was making the whup sound.
    Do you know what you did differently? I wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the only thing damaged was Thor's pride.
    Did you ever figure out what was making the whup sound.
    Do you know what you did differently? I wouldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you send me some snow please? I am melting in this freaking heatwave.. ACK!!! Has the volcano exploded yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:18 PM

    Also, why is your snow blue?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marilyn...weird light. It was before sunrise and on the north side of the house, so weird light.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny how the photo looks like a whole person ended up on the ground instead of the marks left by a pinwheeling, upright person. Intersting...

    ReplyDelete

You like me! You really really like me!

Or maybe you just find me horribly annoying and are about to let me know. Go ahead, I can deal.

So, whatever, you know, leave a message. Thanks!!!