Saturday, January 10, 2009

Birthday Cake.

For my birthday, the kids made a dark chocolate fudge cake and my favorite chocolate glaze for the frosting...

Ghiradelli's Cocoa powder, a little Hershey's dark chocolate cocoa for the dark dark chocolate flavor, a couple tablespoons of butter, fat-free half and half (it's what I had. If you have heavy cream or regular half and half, use that. Milk works too.). Baker's sugar or powdered sugar, and a dash of vanilla.

Melt butter (or margarine) over low heat, add the other stuff and beat well. For a glaze, add a little more milk/cream. For frosting, add a little more sugar and cocoa. I never ever measure when I make this, I just throw stuff into the pan. I taste it, of course, to make sure it's not too sweet or not sweet enough.

I cut the cake and put pieces on a platter, then drizzle it liberally with the glaze. It looks kinda messy, tastes really fabulous.

3 comments:

  1. I gained 5lbs. just reading about this! Can we say yummmmmmmm

    And I so understand the crashing after a week or more --- I do that after a vacation. It is no joke that you need a vaction after a vaction.

    Rest well and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. That sounds crazy yummy.

    ReplyDelete

You like me! You really really like me!

Or maybe you just find me horribly annoying and are about to let me know. Go ahead, I can deal.

So, whatever, you know, leave a message. Thanks!!!