I made a costume for Tess -- a medieval knight tunic. We still have to figure out pants and boots or shoes, but the tunic is done.
It's green with gold sleeves, with a yellow dragon outlined in red on the front, and has black "leather" cuffs. Turned out pretty cool.
It was a horrible thing to make, though. The instructions said to make the tunic and the lining and then sew the lining to the tunic at the hem and the neck. And then turn it right side out...except if you have sewn it top and bottom, there is no way to turn it right side out. So after probably half an hour or more of wrestling with it, I ripped out the hem and turned it right side out, then sewed the hem. What a big pain.
I also had big problems with the Wonder Under when I was trying to attach the dragon to the front. The first one I had to abandon because I could not get the paper backing off. I am Wonder Under impaired.
But I finally got it all worked out, and it turned out great. Tess chose the colors, and they are really terrific -- an olive drab green and gold sleeves. The gold with red dragon on the chest really finish it well.
I will post photos when I get them...