Sunday, April 27, 2008

Seattle Skyline

I have been playing with my 30 day free trial Adobe CS3...

Here's the photo I was playing with today. It's from the deck of the cruise ship leaving Seattle on our way to Alaska. Not a great photo...it's gray and cloudy and dreary. Typical Seattle in the fall and winter, really, but not what I want. Yes, my reality is fluid and changeable.



After I cropped out superfluous water and sky...

I went arty. I like the blocky cutout look of this one, and the way the black building on the right is reflected in the water.


With this one, I added some lighting and punched up the depth of the color and the contrast. Still a gloomy day, but brighter.


This one is what Seattle would look like if it were in fact in Hell, rather than Washington.


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:08 AM

    Ha! Another reason I need to try photoshop. I can put things/people in hell that I think belong there. And I have a list. A very long list ;) That does look pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Two spammers in one comment thread.

    Complete with a request for updations about recent cancer information and a singing heart.

    Hey Maggie -- I didn't think of it that way...I like Seattle. I don't want it in hell...but now that you mention it, there are definitely some things I am going to have to hellify...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work in Photoshop. I have CS2 - still trying to learn how to use IT properly, so it's going to be a while before I upgrade to CS3. Meantime, the spammer I want to get my hands on is that idiot from Brazil. All of the comments start with the same text, but they point to different places. I have a hand grenade just for him and his computer.

    ReplyDelete

You like me! You really really like me!

Or maybe you just find me horribly annoying and are about to let me know. Go ahead, I can deal.

So, whatever, you know, leave a message. Thanks!!!