Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Still no ash. But there's more snow, with seedy underbelly

First, yeah, no ash, no lava, but lots of seismicity. The best Anchorage can hope for anyway is 1/10 of an inch of ash and a couple of days of being inside. The kids have already had three days of school canceled due to ice, so if we get hit with ash, they will be making up days at the end of the school year, since they only built in two snow days into the school year. Bummer for them.

The Seedy Underbelly of Our Winter Wonderland...

Let's skip right to that, shall we? You know you want to know. It's my own bit of seediness, this time. Not the cars in the ditch, the snow melting on the garage floor (though I will be documenting that stuff later, and worse. Much much worse. Slightly nauseatingly worse.).

yes.  I wore pajama pants to shovel.  Got a problem with that?

This is me, shoveling, this afternoon. Note the fab-u-lous leg ware...not the stunning blue suede boots, but the wonderful pajama pants. I didn't wear them to bed, I don't actually wear pajama pants to bed much because they tend to twist around my legs or bunch up at my knees, which I find unpleasant, but I do wear them when I am just hanging around the house. And since I had not yet showered and was planning on sweating on the elliptical after shoveling, I chose not to change into jeans just to shovel the drive. Plus at times I am deeply deeply lazy.

I should shovel BEFORE I back out of the garage.

Not only that, but I did a fairly half-assed job of shoveling. And I took this photo at a very weird angle. Hopefully I will not receive a threatening letter from the Housing Office...I don't know how long I can get away with messy edges, icy patches, and generally unacceptable amounts of snow removed. (That's one of the things you get when you live in Army quarters...guys driving by to check out how well you have shoveled. Or mowed the lawn. Or put your garbage can in the garage in a timely matter. Which judging from the bear bites and claw marks on our garbage can the previous tenants of our quarters failed to do.)

2 comments:

  1. I think you did a fine job shoveling.

    I love hanging out in PJ pants :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd wear PJs grocery shopping if I could get away with it.

    ReplyDelete

You like me! You really really like me!

Or maybe you just find me horribly annoying and are about to let me know. Go ahead, I can deal.

So, whatever, you know, leave a message. Thanks!!!