Friday, April 23, 2010

Cmon, people.

Or person, rather. There is someone who apparently thinks she is me, at least as far as my bank is concerned. I once again got an email from my bank saying that I had entered the wrong password three times and so my online account has been shut down until I jump through the hoops to change my password.

Which means I have to find my wallet and then dig out my ATM card and enter that info and give them a bunch of other information --

Don't worry, I do not follow the link from the email, in case it's not legit, but take the long way around of actually typing in the bank's web address --

and then once again set my password and hope I remember it.

I assume it's just some random person who thinks my username is hers, because my user name is not imaginative, and not someone trying to break into my bank account. Which would be a huge effort for little payoff, because this is my secondary account, they could maybe get 700 or 800 bucks at the very most, and we don't have a credit card with this bank.

The part that always makes me go, "umm, sure, but..." is the part where they tell me this message is also in my messages box on the website, which I cannot log into until I read the email and jump through the change the passwords hoops. And then I can access the message that tells me to go do all this shit before I can access that message. Is it me, or does this make no sense at all?

Because really, I have enough emails and messages and things to deal with to not really want to have a message confirming that I had to change my password to access that message.

Right. I know why they send it, I just don't think that they should send the exact same message -- the message on the web site should let you know what happened with the account without telling you how to get back on line. Know what I mean?

I suddenly think that I have accidentally veered back into territory where only people who know me really well will even have a clue as to what the hell I am talking about...

And my family members understood and were amused by my last post. Nice to know that I am still comprehensible to those who HAVE to love me.

Random photo of the day/week/month/millenium/eon...

There are benefits to April snow.

There are benefits to snow in April. The mountains look all snow-cappy and majestic again.

3 comments:

  1. Just be careful - and maybe change your username. Just to be on the safe side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a pain when someone tries to access your account. Someone tried to steal my husband's identity a couple years ago. We had to change all our credit cards and bank accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe I just read your last post and I am glad to see that Tangent Lass is still going strong.I have managed to rein in Distracto Girl somewhat lol. Bugger about the bank rigamarole though. My bank just sent me out an electronic thingy so after I log on I have to press the button and then enter the digital code it gives me. I live in fear of losing the little sucker.

    ReplyDelete

You like me! You really really like me!

Or maybe you just find me horribly annoying and are about to let me know. Go ahead, I can deal.

So, whatever, you know, leave a message. Thanks!!!