Saturday, September 29, 2007

I loathe computers.

They are the work of Satan...

I used the computer one night, printed out some photos, used the internets, no problems.

(Well, other than the usual ridiculously slow and memory-impaired problems.)

The next morning I turned it on, and it would not connect to the internet, it would not connect to the printer, the calculator and spider solitaire are gone. Poof.

I got the internet working by unplugging the modem and the wireless router and plugging them back in...I wish I had not discovered that little helpful hint after a couple hours of struggling with the wireless router -- I unhooked stuff and hooked it up differently, I was on the phone with an automated troubleshooter, I unhooked the connections that I knew worked and connected different cables to make sure it was not the cable...and then I unplugged each of them and plugged them back in and they worked.

Then Marilyn suggested I google "print spooler not running" and see what I got. So I did, and the very first forum I clicked on told me exactly what to do:

Control panel to Admin tools to services and then I discovered that a whole bunch of things were disabled. No, I have no idea why those things were disabled. I put them all back to automatic, restarted the computer, and the print spooler was running again. And we can use the printer again. I think.

But spider solitaire and the calculator are just gone. Poof. Stupid stupid computers.

1 comment:

  1. Not playing Solitaire on your mobile? Download The Coolest Version (Available for Android and iOS)

    ReplyDelete

You like me! You really really like me!

Or maybe you just find me horribly annoying and are about to let me know. Go ahead, I can deal.

So, whatever, you know, leave a message. Thanks!!!