Wednesday, July 14, 2004

the finer points of brewing coffee...

are still eluding Zeke. This morning he brewed a lovely pot of hot water. No filter, no ground coffee. But the water was heated to perfection...

How did this happen? Used to be when Mark was gone the coffee pot would sit forlornly in the corner, never noticed or used. Now I don't brew coffee every day, but I do drink it quite a bit, and my friends gave me a bracelet with a coffee cup charm...Starbucks seems to be my middle name here. Interesting. I am even a coffee snob of sorts -- I like Kenyan coffee the best, and I generally don't drink American grocery store brands (like Folgers...). Even worse, I don't like the grocery store bulk coffee beans anymore -- no, I want Starbucks or Bratdorf and Bronson, you know, the stuff that's $10 a pound...And now Zeke likes drinking coffee, or rather flavored creamer with coffee. On the good side, it means he can (theoretically) brew a pot of coffee, but on the other hand, it means that each bag of coffee beans has to be split three ways. Better start telling him it will stunt his growth. Or at least stunt the growth of his chin hairs...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You like me! You really really like me!

Or maybe you just find me horribly annoying and are about to let me know. Go ahead, I can deal.

So, whatever, you know, leave a message. Thanks!!!